Tie-waist pants are a breezy and convenient option for a stylish vacation outfit.
- BerryGo Women’s Boho High Waist Wide Leg Pants Floral Print
- Simplee Women’s Elegant Striped Split High Waisted Belted Flowy Wide Leg Pants
Joob Joob Bohemian Tapered Elephant Harem Loose Yoga Travel Lounge Are you looking for a new cover-up for your bikini at the beach? Maybe you already have one in your closet. Technically, any article of clothing can be used as a beach cover-up if you’re wearing it to the beach over your swimsuit. Also, most people don’t have much use for a cover-up that only works on the beach if you are not planning to go there regularly. So, it makes sense to make use of what you already have, or buy something that you can also use for parties or for regular days, or something you can wear with a slip underneath instead of a bikini.
Here are some tips for finding clothing that will work as a cover-up for summer at the beach:
1. Choose breathable, easy-to-pack fabrics
Honestly, would you wear something that needs to be ironed or hanged if you’re going to put it over your bikini? There are some articles of clothing that can do the cover-up job better than others. Would you wear a trench coat as a cover-up? Of course not. Make sure it’s something that won’t make you overheat, and it must feel comfortable, breathable, and lightweight. Use something made of cotton, viscose or rayon. And if it’s a beach dress or a lightweight kaftan, it’s perfect for the occasion.
2. Keep your style in mind
Just because you’re going to the beach or a resort doesn’t mean you have to abandon your style that you feel most comfortable in, just to be stylish. Look for cover-ups with designs that you can also deem suitable for your natural habitat.
3. Check the length
If your legs are your best assets, then go for something as short as you like to highlight them. If you’re a bit modest, a breathable, flowy knee-length dress will be perfect. Maxi dresses and maxi skirts are super fine as well, given that they are breathable and don’t hug the thighs and legs too much.
4. Consider getting a little volume
A bikini cover-up is all about things that are loose and lovely but err on the side of caution. If it’s too sheer and people can still see the swimsuit, your slip, or your silhouette underneath, then the volume is your friend. But don’t think of volume anymore if the fabric isn’t sheer, as it will look tent-like, and you may feel overwhelmed wearing it.
Bikini Cover-up Options
Back then, you may not have thought too much about what you put on over your swimsuit, but because of style awareness nowadays (and don’t forget about doing things for the ‘gram), people are more careful about their bikini cover-up choices. Here are some fantastic finds that can also double as something you can wear for your everyday life:
Crochet is perfect for the beach – any open-weave piece will work. This is great for achieving the boho look.
- Wander Agio Beach Tops Sexy Perspective Cover Dresses
- Blingfit Women’s Lace Cardigan Floral Crochet Sheer Beach Bikini Cover Ups
- NFASHIONSO Crochet Long Sleeve Fashion Beach Swimsuit Cover-Up/Drawstring Waist Beach Dress
Shirt dresses are comfy and add a casual style to your beach look. Besides the beach, you can wear it anywhere you want.
- Angashion Short Sleeve V Neck Button T Shirt Midi Skater Dress
- Ekouaer Women’s Swimsuit Beach Cover Up Shirt
- Nanette Nanette Lepore Women’s Ss Pintuck Chiffon Shirtdress
The beach is the perfect place for a quick-drying T-shirt dress.
- Fantastic Zone Women’s Casual Summer T-Shirt Dresses Short Sleeve Swing Dress
- ROMWE Women’s Summer Short Sleeve Pocket Tassel Hem Loose Tunic T-Shirt Dress
- MakeMeChic Women’s Boho Casual Maxi Short Sleeve Split Tie Dye Long Dress
A tunic blouse goes well with denim shorts when worn by the beach. If it’s long enough, you can wear it as a dress.
- Allimy Women Summer Casual Split V Neckline Chiffon Blouses Loose Tunic Short Sleeve Tops
- HAOMEILI Women’s Button-up Long Sleeve Henley Shirt Casual Blouse Tunic Tops
- St. Jubileens Women Roll-Up 3/4 Sleeve Plaid Shirt Tunic V Neck Casual Pullover Blouses Tops
Maxi dresses and maxi skirt
Maxi dresses and maxi skirts look fabulous and laid-back on the beach, especially when you wear a wide-brimmed hat on your head. But these things are also stylish enough to wear on an everyday basis, like for brunch with your gal pals. Pair it with strappy flat sandals, and you’re good to go.
- GRECERELLE Women’s Summer Casual Loose Dress
- Yonala Women’s Boho Floral Tie Up Waist Summer Beach Wrap Cover Up Maxi Skirt
- ZESICA Women’s Bohemian Floral Printed Wrap V Neck Short Sleeve Split Beach Party Maxi Dress
This garment works as a great cover-up since it’s so light, fashionable, and doesn’t have any buttons to fuss with.
- Genovega Women’s Stylish Kimono Cardigan or Beach Cover-up
- Milumia Women’s Boho Split Tie-Waist Vintage Print Maxi Dress
- DOHAOOE Bohemian Kimono Bikini Cover Up
Midi skirts are easy to slip on and off, making it a comfortable, stylish outfit on the beach.
- Floerns Women’s Boho Floral High Waist Split A-Line Midi Skirt
- MEROKEETY Women’s Boho Floral Print Elastic High Waist Pleated A-Line Midi Skirt
- Exlura Women’s High Waist Polka Dot Pleated Skirt Midi Swing Skirt
Some many jumpsuits and rompers are lightweight and casually stylish, making them a perfect candidate as a cover-up. And because it serves as a top and bottom, it serves as one less piece of clothing you may leave behind by the beach.
- Qtake Fashion Women Jumpsuit Loose Deep V-Neck Beach Rompers
- SheIn Women’s Boho Crochet V Neck Halter Backless Floral Lace Romper Jumpsuit
- REORIA Women’s Summer Scoop Neck Sleeveless Tank Top Short Jumpsuit Rompers
You may not have enough confidence to wear a strapless dress in your natural habitat, but you have the chance to wear it at the beach. It doesn’t wear you down with added heat, and it looks super beach-appropriate. Make sure you use low-maintenance fabrics like cotton or jersey.
- Eiffel Women’s Chiffon Off Shoulder Summer Beach Swimsuit Cover-ups Dress
- Milumia Women’s Off Shoulder Ruffles Shift Loose Mini Dress
- Deslimale Strapless Tube Dress Sexy Summer Comfort Cotton Swing Beach Mini Dress
You may not need to buy swimming shorts anymore. If you have relaxed shorts, then you’re good to go. But if you want something to conceal your bottom bikini, get a loose-fitting shorts. Don’t be afraid to mix and match it with the pattern and color of your top bikini.
- SweatyRocks Women’s Casual Elastic Waist Striped Summer Beach Shorts
- Floerns Women’s Plus Size Shorts Summer Causal Floral Elastic Waist Shorts
- ROMWE Women’s Casual Elastic Waist Bowknot Summer Shorts
Denim shirts are a great cover-up. If you add a light cotton T-shirt and sandals, you can go beyond the beach and not look half-dressed.
- Levi’s Women’s Global Classic Shorts
- Luodemiss Mid Rise Jean Shorts for Women Frayed Hem Stretch Ripped Denim Shorts
- Celebrity Pink Jeans Women’s Celebrity Pink 5″ Mid Rise Fray Cuff Denim Short