Women have different body shapes. People even categorize women’s bodies, such as pear-shape, hourglass, inverted trapezoid, and more. However, when you go to the mall to shop for clothes, you don’t really say that you are looking for a shirt that is for your apple-shaped body. Instead, you search for a top that is suitable for a big or small chest, or for short or long torso.
Since women have different body shapes, it is sometimes challenging to shop for swimsuits. It’s because the choices that you need to make depends on your body type. No matter what kind of bikini you want, certain cuts and features will suit you best. And just like our body types, there are also different bikini types on the market that you can choose from.
If you are looking into buying a bikini soon but not sure about what style will fit your body type, you’re in the right place. Today, we are giving you some ideas about the right bikini for every body type.
If you have a small chest, it is better to find a bikini that flatters your bust. However, that is quite challenging. The best choice that you have is to opt for a top with embellishments, such as ruffles, to give the illusion of a larger chest. Aside from that, you can also choose a padded bikini that will make your chest a bit bigger.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with small chests:
- CUPSHE Women’s Mid Waisted Lace Up Bikini Set
- ZAFUL Women’s Leaf Print Lace Up Ruched High Waisted Bikini
- Tempt Me Off Shoulder Ruffled Bikini Set
- COCOSHIP Retro Boho Flounce Falbala Bikini Set
- Tempt Me Ruffle Halter Backless Bikini Set
If you have a big chest, then you need to steer away from string bikinis, and as well as bikinis that come in S, M, and L. You need bikinis that have larger cup sizes and as well as an underwire to give you support when you go swimming. You also should opt for thicker bikini straps and double-stitched bands to look more flattering.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with big chests:
- Smart & Sexy Full-Busted Supportive Underwire Bikini Top
- CUPSHE Floral Front Cross Lace Up Bikini
- Tempt Me Retro Halter High Waist Bikini
- Astylish Push Up Bikini
- Upopby Push Up Bikini Set
When you have a set of wide shoulders, there are a few things you can do. You can choose a solid-colored bikini with printed panels along the side, to help you create an hourglass figure. Aside from that, you can also choose a bikini that has an asymmetrical neckline to draw the eye up and away instead of looking at you straight across.
Here are the best bikinis for women with wide shoulders:
- CUPSHE Solid Wavy Edge One-Shoulder Bikini Set
- SweatyRocks One Shoulder Tie Knot Front Bikini
- ZAFUL Scalloped Flounced One Shoulder Bikini
- Avidlove One Shoulder Ruffled Bikini Set
- SweatyRocks One Shoulder Ribbed Bikini Set
If you have an ample backside, wearing string bikinis and high-cut swimsuits can be uncomfortable and too revealing for you. Therefore, you need to find a bikini that has enough fabric in that area for more coverage. Try to search for bikini bottoms that have solid colors and printed tops. This will help you balance out your big butt.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with big buttocks:
- ALove Strappy Bikini Bottom in Solid Black
- Ocean Blues Full Coverage Bikini Bottom
- Catalina Bikini Bottom with Side Ties
- CharmLeaks Halter Bikini with Solid Bottoms
- SHEKINI Cheeky Twist-Front Bikini Bottoms
- ZAFUL Scoop Neck Tropical Leaf Bikini
If you have flat buttocks, wearing frills and ruched bottoms is perfect, as these will give the illusion of a bigger behind. Also, choose bottoms that have bright colors or those that have loud prints. Showing a little cheek is also better than wearing full-coverage bikini bottoms.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with flat buttocks:
- STARBILD Brazilian Bikini Bottom
- LuliFamaCosita Buena Wavy Tie-Side Brazilian Bikini Bottom
- CUPSHE Rambling Rose Push Up Bikini Set
- SHEKINI High-Waisted Twist-Front Bottoms Bikini Set
- Seafolly Block Party Multi-Strap Bikini Bottom
If you have an athletic body, you need to pick a bikini that will give the illusion of having more curves. Therefore, choose a bikini that has a top with cups, padding, and gathering. It is also great to choose those that have girlie prints and brighter colors. Avoid wearing shapeless full-pieces of bikini, as they will only enhance your athletic figure.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with athletic bodies:
- SHEKINI Floral Printed Cutout Strappy Halter Bikini
- ZAFUL Adjustable Criss-Cross Braided Spaghetti Strap Bikini Set
- Push-Up Halter Bandage Floral Bikini
- CUPSHE V-Neck Lace-Up Bikini
- SweatyRocks Scallop Halter Bikini
If you have a short torso, you can choose low-rise bikini bottoms. These will make your torso look longer. You can also wear halter tops to draw attention to your neck and shoulders and make people not look at your mid-section.
Here are the best bikinis for women with short torsos:
- Ekouaer Forest Leaves High Neck Halter Bikini Set
- Vetinee Halter Top and Twist Knot Ruched Bikini Set
- Becca by Rebecca Virtue Courtney Crochet Banded Halter Bikini
- CUPSHE Black Lace-Up Halter Padding Bikini Set
- Beautyin Floral Striped Halter High Neck Bikini Set
If you have full thighs, choose bikini bottoms that have a little more coverage. You can opt for bottoms with a skirt to conceal part of your upper leg.
Here are some of the best bikinis for women with fuller thighs:
- La Blanca Island Goddess Skirted Ruffle Bikini
- Freya Sundance Skirted Bikini Bottom
- Catalina Skirted Bikini Bottom
- Smart & Sexy Ruffle Skirted Bikini Bottom
- REKITA Waist Band Skirt Bikini Bottom
It’s quite challenging to find the right type of bikini when you are pregnant. Since you are looking for something that is not tight around your midsection, try to search for tankinis. They can give enough wiggle room and sun protection to your growing belly. Opting for two-piece will also make it easy for you to go to the bathroom.
Here are some of the best bikinis for pregnant women:
- Summer Mae Maternity Bikini
- GINKANA Maternity Bikini Set
- SouqFone Two Piece Ruffled Flounce Top Bikini Set
- Summer Mae High Waist Maternity Bikini
- ADOME Tankini Top Bikini Set
These are some of the best types of bikini for every body type. We hope that these will help you end the stressful and frustrating bikini shopping for your next beach getaway.